View Single Post
Old 2007-02-11, 23:08   Link #50
ShadowMercenary
Obsessive GA Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
afaik, "Company O" holds publishing rights in the US. Not Broccoli (licensor), not Broccoli USA (uninvolved). Under such an agreement, the licensor wouldn't even be allowed to sell the American version of Galaxy Angel, or to openly provide non-Japanese customers with import copies (which would deprive "Company O" of potential profit).
I'd even wager that Broccoli knows relatively little about what's going on, aside from the fact that the project is in limbo. It's up to the latter to get the game translated and released.
My apologies, for mistaking the actual company with the licensing rights. To me, the actual translation matters little. I've purchased all the original games anyway and have little problem in understanding them, so I was merely concerned with the misinformation here. But to re-adjust my question, why couldn't Company O simply patch the game and release it? Like I mentioned before, it's much more convenient then making people buy the game seperate, install it, and then have to download the patch and go through with that.

It's much more time consuming, leaves for more user error to be made, and would also reduce the margin of people buying it to those already in the fandom. If the game is merely sold seperately and then the patch made free, how would someone who doesn't already know about GA buy the game? To me, it seems like the already small margin of people who may by it would grow smaller. Even though it's available to U.S. residents, how to they find out that it's there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Even without Broccoli USA, it wouldn't be difficult for the parent company to contract a translation/web design firm to provide English content. That's what some other companies (the ones who don't employ in-house translators) do.
I know this quite well and it has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. What I was stating in that point was that they said they had no way to communicate to the U.S. of this game announcement. Long ago last year, BROCCOLI USA made it clear that they DO in fact communicate with Company O.

I do quote from this statement in an entry here: http://www.bro-usa.com/bb_blog/2006/...l-game-update/

A direct comment at the end of December of last year was left by director Shizuki Yamashita who I have communicated with numerous times through e-mail. It goes as follows...

Quote:
For those who have read posts left by “Milfeulle Sakuraba,” “Schultski Rheindland,” and “Berliana Tsukishima”... Broccoli has not contacted them & we do not know who they are.

If there are any updates to the Galaxy Angel video game release in the US, we will let you know through the Broccoli Books blog entry.
This is simply from the BROCCOLI Books blog, but I intend to believe it much more. It is, of course, a source of information I readily trust. So Miss Tsukishima, would you care to explain to me why your name is close to one already mentioned by BROCCOLI? I doubt that the similar name is a coincidence...

Last edited by ShadowMercenary; 2007-02-11 at 23:45.
ShadowMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote