View Single Post
Old 2009-07-23, 14:53   Link #193
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
It has been said that T.V. ratings are not important for a show like Haruhi. "Buzz" may be enough to get people to tune in, but it won't be enough for most to buy DVDs. Based on this model, I would say that, if they are trying to kill Haruhi, they certainly are doing the best they can.
How is this an effective kill strategy at all? To kill it, all they have to do is not air anything. Don't make a sequel, don't re-air it, and don't say anything more about it. Just let it die. Then it would live on forever in infamy as a great one-season show that, like so many others, was never continued. (Incidentally, I bet some people will choose to look at it this way anyway. )

This airing may not be enough to get people to buy DVDs of these episodes. But is it generating enough attention to get people to tune in for a second season? Time will tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
In other words, they're testing the "there's no such thing as bad publicity, publicity is everything that counts" mantra.
I think so. The question, then, is what are they selling? If current theories are to be believed, then perhaps they were never trying to sell DVDs of Endless Eight at all.