View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 10:16   Link #1921
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
If the female characters of Clannad have not-so oversized eyes
THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM SO MOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE!!

Quote:
Did you run into those bad shows expecting them to be good, or are you just grumbling about shows you never liked to begin with?
Almost all of my disliked anime are 1. anime I used to like or 2. major let-down adaptions of good manga.

I USED to like DBZ. I USED to like Naruto. I USED to like Chobits. I USED to like Cowboy Bebop *Chiibi is slaughtered by male otaku* ( DON'T MISUNDERSTAND! I respect CB a lot and note it's of high quality in every possible way! I just don't have any passion for it in terms of 'taste'. I guess it's not 'anime-ish' enough for me. XD)

All these "used-tos" changed into what they did because something in the same genre with similar premises came along that I preferred and I'd end up comparing them. I compared DBZ to Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto to Flame of Recca (manga please), Chobits to DearS/My Dear Marie/Saber Marionette J, and Bebop to Outlaw Star. And it was like 'hmmm these series are alike but they do these themes better...so, no point in liking the former".

I dislike Mamotte Lollipop and Kamichama Karin's anime because I had high expectations from the manga, sadly. But it was also as if the studios put NO effort into making them. KKC's anime failed to capture the atmosphere and emotional, touching parts of its lovely manga and ML's anime failed at....well, EVERYTHING. XD (including DIALOGUE.) Wow. Seriously, how do you fail at creating dialogue?

Actually, the manga for ML itself is at best 'mediocre'. And SHOCKING! If you take a mediocre, cliche shoujo manga, and turn it into an anime without putting even HALF-assed energy into it, guess what?
It ends up SUCKING!
Who could've seen THAT coming?!

Quote:
Not all shows are blatantly bad, most of them just pretend to be mediocre (the kind usually watched just to pass time) and it took a while until their disgusting, rotting stench reached the audience.
Tis amazing how true this is. This happened with me and Shinshi Doumei Cross. I loved the artwork (dude it's Arina-f*cking Tanemura yo), I was caught up in the action and NEEDED to see what was going to happen but after it ended I was like "meh...." and then after re-reading it, I was like "You know what? This is her worst work by far".