View Single Post
Old 2008-04-21, 11:58   Link #73
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Dude Macross tradition, the OP song name, the first line in the op song (Who are you going to kiss) and all my experience reading/watching shounen/shoujo romance anime/manga points to a triangle. Read the lyrics for the OP/ED, keep in mind these songs were made for this show and are not the latest release from a jpop/jrock band who want to push their newest single.

For Sheryl and Alto they have sparks flying between them, they got the classic "I can't stand this guy"/"this girls a complete bitch" thing going on just like in the original Macross between Hikaru and Hayase. I don't need to point out what happened between them in the end do I?
Well, this is't shoujo anime. I believe the triangle is there just to spice up the series. But the writings are everywhere that Altoh and Ranka are destined for something while Sheryl is playing the distraction role. Kind of similar to Macross Plus, where you have Isamu and Myung but that hot blonde chick Lucy is their distraction.

From their dialogues, it seems Sheryl is too much for a young righteous guy like Altoh and she obviously is the bossy ambtious type, not the minmei type.