View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 13:26   Link #2825
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Really? Saber is one of the strongest regular season girls in ISML 2012. And Fate/Zero and Type Moon are every bit the giant that SAO is.

The timing certainly helps SAO, but you make this sound like a curbstomp, which I very much doubt it will be.
Well, I've of course been wrong plenty of times before!

I just see Saber as a Tier 2 girl in terms of strength, from a Tier 2 show in terms of popularity. Where I see SAO as a Tier 1 show in terms of popularity. No idea where Asuna ranks personally, but she is the only real representative from SAO. Plus I'm pretty sure she has a lot of fans.

Another reason being the pairing itself. While Saber got stronger from Fate/Zero, she didn't really explode in power. And as great as Emiya was, he was always going to suffer in the end (being that the show was a prequel). In my eyes at least. And the pairing wasn't exactly sparkling in the show itself. The SAO pairing on the other hand, is a core romance.

And finally, while we don't know how the influx of voters for the necklace round will vote, they obviously don't care enough about Saber to vote in regular rounds. And these will be primarily K-On and Shana fans.

Of course I can be wrong, but I still expect Asuna to easily win. Shows I don't particularly like with girls I don't particularly like tend to do very well in ISML, so that flows too! haha.