View Single Post
Old 2010-04-09, 16:11   Link #7833
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Never said we could ignore it, it's the most important missing piece. The problem is that I can't say it has been found, because the only theory for it supported by clues ("promise given to someone, presumably Shannon, and later broken") does not yet translate into the murder cascade in a completely satisfactory way.
Well, we can at least say that whatever his sin was, it didn't really have to deal with a person.

Quote:
The assumption that someone ever actually considered killing the entire set of 17 people at once is not really well founded, definitely not a certainty. (The proper scale of the presumed explosion/landslide/other disaster is simply not known, nor it is known when it is initiated, just that it happens on the midnight of the last day.)

I agree with this. If we are to point to a specific person as a culprit, then it would be hard to fathom the reason why he/she would kill a loved one. You might think that they would do anything to reach their goal, but that's doubtable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I know, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that it is an important piece of information given to us in Episode 4 about the sin.

And it's problematic that there's mystery behind the word "sin."

And I also know that there are really no hard pieces of evidence supporting anything I've speculated about; I'm just trying to encourage the thinking of theories that are not really thought of that much.

After all, we could be falling for a major trap by trying to incorporate all the clues that have been presented.
"Drowing in a sea of keys" as Ryukishi07 calls it.

Of course, this isn't a reason to disregard the evidence.

Let's just not let our imaginations be bound by stuff that hasn't been totally confirmed yet.
However, that's the problem. What can be confirmed outside of the Red Truth and things seen by Battler?
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote