View Single Post
Old 2007-09-23, 02:59   Link #84
Fweakin

This was actually a really hard poll. I empathised and liked all of the characters (probably barring Nayuki but she even she grew on me by the second watch through).

I ended up voting for Ayu and Kaori, but I tragically forgot to tick Mai (so an unofficial vote goes to her)

Ayu gets my vote for making me laugh with her comedic earnest-ness (yes, I know, but I can't think of the actual word at the moment so this butchering of the language will have to suffice). Add to that the fact she refers to herself with boku and that Yui Horie does an awesome job not making uguu sound absolutely retarded (which it could have very well been) means that she she gets top marks.

Kaori also gets marks because of how human her behaviour towards her sister is. She knows she's making a mistake, and it's obviously tearing her up, but she so desperately fears how shattered she'll be when the supposed inevitable happens that she can't bring herself to change. Plus she's voiced by Ayako Kawasumi, which also helps. (Saber and Chikane/Kaon FTW)

My accidental omission goes to Mai just for her characters versatility. She could be rip-snortingly hilarious and then tear-jerkingly dramatic when prompted into one of her spazz outs. And her character design is one of the best in the series. I love the shots of her near the window, holding the sword with the blue colouring.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote