View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 02:14   Link #5647
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You don't take away something that is the "soul" of your country without causing problem of the revolution or civil war type. No such thing occurred in either SEED or Destiny, hence it is not as important as you make it out to be.
That's why I said this series has bad writing since many things didn't work out like it's supposed to be. If you said the writing (for the political issue) is good enough, then that'll be the end of our discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's significant because the AF has mobile suits and more of them than Orb. Reducing your military strength is almost never a good idea unless there's a strategy behind it.

There's also the Archangel, which holds Freedom, Justice, and Buster, two of which were recognized by the AF as being major factors in why they weren't able to take the mass driver.
The Astrays are already mass produced and ORB has many of them, but they simply not enough to win the battle. Compared to that, Kusanagi only have a bunch of those Astrays when they launched. Not significant enough to me.

I didn't mention Archangel faction simply because you can't count them as a part of ORB's military forces. They're a rogue/independent faction.