View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 06:42   Link #163
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Okay, let's see what they missed with Kanata for the last 2 episodes:

1) they watered down her reactions regarding the flyers

2) they skipped that scene where Kanata confronts Haruka if the latter was the one who told people she was Kanata's sister. This is important because not only it shows that it is actually more detrimental to Haruka than Kanata, but also that Kanata was on the verge of dropping the hardass pretense, nearly calling her with Haruka's name

3) Kanata's comment that Haruka is going to self destruction at this rate, and as result that "she isn't chasing out Haruka for the sake of destroy her, but to the contrary, preventing her to break".

4) Likewise, the "inhuman" part is also dropped fully, which also prevents people to understand why she doesn't really like Riki and the rest that much (mention that "Riki is inhuman as well").

5) Skipping the part where Haruka is trying hard to recover documents about her birth, which could have been done even better in the anime since the LB is complete as a group, despite in the VN route, only Riki was helping her.

6) The most important point: they screwed Kanata's impersonation attempt, as she was trying to make Riki GIVE UP on finding the truth. People will think she was trying to steal Riki, but that's the complete opposite: she wanted to make him stop digging further in the Saigusa/Futaki business because Haruka's current state is not going to cut it: regardless what is the truth, it will damage Haruka even more, explaining why her parents and Shou wanted to statu quo.

Really, they screwed so much I can't believe they call themselves "caring for the details".
Sure, the route felt utterly slow with characters beating around the bush several times (especially Haruka's parents), but that was actually required to have a further understanding why knowing the truth is -not- important.

The only point that they managed to convey in a timely manner was Kanata's severe injuries on her arms that Kudo could have seen even in the dark.

I surely hope they don't screw that raining scene, because that is the crux of Kanata's conflicted position before the actual revelations in the end. If they skip the "You aren't God" and "I was born a liar", I will just break a fuse.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-02-03 at 06:54.