View Single Post
Old 2006-04-14, 23:12   Link #20
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Maybe the best would be to convert the existing Suzumiya Haruhi novel and manga thread into a Suzumiya Haruhi novel discussion thread?

Once more of the manga is released, we can create a new manga discussion thread.
I think that would serve both purposes; allowing a place for specific novel questions/discussion and a place for discussing the deviation from source of both the anime and manga.

I'd label it, though, "Suzumiya Haruhi (Novel Discussion)", and rename the existing Suzumiya Haruhi to "Suzumiya Haruhi (Anime Discussion)"... and when the time comes, add a manga discussion thread.

Also, I will add, it is my opinion that the "Episode 1 Discussion" thread should be kept stickied, along with the most recent aired episode (Ep 3 from tomorrow). This is because of the nature and timeline of Episode 1; not only does its difference and capacity as an introduction to the series warrant discussion on its own merits, but it also reveals large parts of the plot for people who are observant enough to notice; there are, futhermore, interesting parallels that can be drawn between the episode one "casting" and the actual characters themselves.