View Single Post
Old 2012-05-14, 00:36   Link #8240
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Ideally, being in the same guild means having the same philosophy and abiding by the same rules as every other member. That is an assumption I'm making. As such, this is something she should have been prepared for right from the start.
And she apparently thought she was prepared, only for Gemma to go to an apparently unheard of extreme on her.

Quote:
Well, I'm willing to concede this argument IF I can find that Sabertooth was in the habit of admitting members without orienting them of the guild's ideals and philosophy. As it stands, joining any organization without full knowledge of what it wants to achieve and how it does so just isn't smart. That's the thing. I hardly find it plausible that Yukino wouldn't already be wise to the guild's true face after being admitted into the guild. There might have been some childish admiration somewhere, but it should have gone once she joined the guild.
The thing is, it's one thing to be told that failure isn't tolerated, is punished, and can result in being expelled from the guild. It's another to be given an extremely humiliating punishment for failure, then be thrown out on top of it. Sting thought what happened to Yukino was extreme, and it had Rogue questioning whether this was what a guild was supposed to be like. Their reactions suggest that neither being force to strip before the guild, nor being expelled for the first failure, is a typical, ordinary thing at Sabertooth. So they're unlikely to be telling new members they're orienting that they'll be striped naked and expelled from the guild the first time they screw up.

So Yukino expected punishment, knew expulsion was one of the possible punishments. She did not expect to be expelled for a first offense, nor was she prepared for how deliberately degrading the punishment was. Or the way Gemma handed out said punishment as though he wasn't going to expel her, then went ahead and expelled her.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote