View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 22:19   Link #3808
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I've actually never played a trial, come to think of it. My tastes are pretty particular, so I don't get interested in that many games to begin with. If I'm on the fence about something, or I've never played anything by that company/writer before, I'll wait till a lot of reviews come out. I try not to spoil myself, but I go for in-depth reviews and mainly pay attention to the overall/summary sections. I find that when people put a lot of effort into writing a really thoughtful review, it exposes enough of their own preferences and quirks that I can tell how much my tastes align with theirs.

PS. About halfway through Dies Irae AA. It took me a while to get into it, but consider me seriously impressed. The writer sets himself ridiculous hurdles right off the bat--I mean, how could anything be as epic as the story claims it's going to be right from the start? I found the power levels hard to swallow for a while, but two routes in, it's almost completely won me over. Going to savor playing through the rest over the holidays.

Last edited by Dagger; 2012-12-12 at 22:32.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote