Thread: Crunchyroll Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-09, 02:39   Link #100
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

About the background music - it is not like the music itself is bad, just that (at least in my opinion) more often than not it fails to enhance the events taking place on screen. It doesn't help to set the mood, rather almost distracts from it at times It is like they decided to play a random track in the background even before the show was ready. If it happens to fit the visuals at hand - good. If not - too bad That's just my view on it though.

As for the fanservice - it is surprisingly less than i expected, and i can say i am rather pleased with the result. There was like what ... 1 pantsu shot, 1 'wet clothes' moment, and the bathroom scene ... not exactly a lot, and certainly less than expected. In fact, i would say the show is rather reserved about what it shows. (For example, we didn't get a Ninomiya's "point of view" when Maya 'landing' (yes, i admit - i was expecting one ).

Overall this show, unexpectedly, felt like a breeze of fresh air to me. If asked to describe ep1 in one word, i would say "cute". This show felt to me like a cute and fluffy romance rather than anything else. Not what i expected from the premise, but this is a case when i am happy my expectations were not met, and very pleased with what i got.