View Single Post
Old 2008-03-05, 05:16   Link #758
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A car can be activated and running, but it takes a person to conciously hit the gas pedal before it reaches 200 km/h.
Even when someone is pushing on the gas (Precia) to the point of overload ... well, the earthquake was impressive, but crediting the observed performance with the capacity for the destruction of the world (much less dimension) seems very ... optimistic.

Quote:
That only makes it worse. Remember, Lindy talked about 'the adjacent world' most likely she was talking about the dimensions, which would make sense with the word 'collapse' meaning that the entire dimension in question collapsed, or multiple dimensions in this case.
Great, now entire universes collapsed in your mind, in the face of the pictures, which show nowhere near the amount of catacylsm needed to collapse an entire universe in a reasonable timeframe.

Quote:
Nor do you have any first hand knowledge for determing it wouldn't. On the other hand, I have the entire cast behind me supporting my case, whereas you have only theories with no base or even support. Just because the world wasn't destroyed doesn't mean it wouldn't have been, and the cast supports my view that it would have.
You have about three characters, two of which are from uncertain accreditation of the TSAB (curse StrikerS for this - we could have pretended they somehow made it work before that), and the third is all of 9 years old, speaking in an unknown context (we can't even decide whether they meant a universe, a planet, or a civilization when they blubbered sekai ...), with them having an unknown amount of knowledge about the particular Lost Logia involved ... some strong backup you have there when faced against the very consistent visible evidence of it falling far short.

Either there's something funny with dimensional dislocations (such as, they are ridiculously easy), and thus there's a contextual misunderstanding on our part, or else...

Quote:
More then that, but yes.
What PART of those things look like they can destroy worlds even with a million of them put together...