View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 12:58   Link #122
Weird D
Just existing...

Having to catch up is such a pain... But yeah, I was surprised too by a few things in this chapter :
first was the anchoring/de-anchoring Hysty does. I was wondering what she'd do once she ran out of those spikes if she couldn't regenerate them. Also, I'm wondering if they don't limit her mobility a bit. I mean, unless she can move them around her body, she can only shoot them in the direction they're facing. Say she has 10 of those (I didn't count), that means she can only go super fast in 10 directions instead of a full range of motion.

Miria suddenly being able to catch up with Hysty however, I'm no sure. Anastasia's thread seemed involved in some way, maybe Miria slingshots herself with them?

Nike having trouble removing the sword can be explained however. When she Awakened, her flesh may have grown over the sword and gotten it stuck - say you take a steel bar and pour concrete around it, once the concrete has hardened, the bar won't come out as smoothly. Hence why Nika couldn't just twist the sword ans lop off Hysty's head.

Hopefully the translation will explain things better.