View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 20:22   Link #2096
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
If Ouran High School Host Club is a seinen show where all the bishies are replaced with busty teenage girls instead and people will trash it as "unfunny, uninspiring, exploitative crap with no redeeming values except to sell sex for lonely otakus".

If K is a seinen show where all the bishies are replaced with busty women and people will trash it as "unentertaning, uninspiring exploitative crap with no redeeming values except to sell sex for lonely otakus".

If K-On is a shoujo show where all the girls are bishies instead and people will praise it as "entertaining, very inspiring, zero exploitation and fit for all viewing audiences".

Talk about sexism and hypocrisy.
Which is why I hate anime fandom sometimes....(not this site though....other sites definitely.)

I actually got into a fight online about K on another site....all because I said that if it was a show full of hot women with one or two men, no one would've slammed it as hard as it got slammed.

Friend: It's Gayer than gay. And it sucks.

Me: It's not the best written show out there but it's not the worst either and it's doing okay enough for another season/sequel...but if it's all women, it's good?

Friend: K embodies everything that is wrong with anime today: Bishies and fanpandering up the a**.