View Single Post
Old 2011-03-15, 11:06   Link #123
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I can accept the position that any scene described must be an accurate description of that scene. This is ruled out by the many magic scenes.

I can accept the position that any scene described where the detective is present must be accurate; any scene when he is absent is to be ignored.

I can accept the position that those scenes which have an indication of a falsehood (presence of a meta-character or golden butterflies) should be ignored; all other scenes must be accurate.

I'm thinking more about the scene in Episode 3 when Hideyoshi is watching over the sleeping Eva during the second twilight. Eva's sprite doesn't show in that room from the time Rosa and Maria leave the guesthouse until Hideyoshi and the others leave the guesthouse looking for them. This makes sense under the third rule; Hideyoshi was saying all those things, but it was just in case anybody could overhear him. There's no need for doing that under the second rule.

Another thing: In Episode 1, Kanon supposedly finds the wire cutters in the underground storehouse; in Episode 4, Battler finds them in the boiler room. At the time, I thought that discrepancy was important. Then Episode 6 allowed a discrepancy about the presence of duct tape.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote