Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 15:40   Link #618
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
If K-ON involved a bunch of fights with superpowers that defy reality and a neko girl that only appears naked throughout the anime. Why can't people just accept that this show tries to appeal to BOTH audiences? I'm a guy, and I'm watching this for the cool/stylized fights.
Yeah it's pretty much a double standard isn't it. For me it's sort of the same enjoyment I got out of watching the second episode of that Chuuni show or even Horizon on The Middle of Nowhere which had a pretty similar thing going on in it's early episodes. Brainless fun that emphasizes style over substance and over the top characters engaging in over the top hyper-kinetic fights with great animation. Eventually Horizon would get pretty involved on the plot front too though as time went on.

Maybe it's because I'm a huge super robot fan where that sort of thing is perfectly okay, but I find I get a lot of enjoyment out of these kinds of shows even if they aren't exactly the deepest on the plot and character front. I have plenty of other shows this season that fill that want that I can accept if K and the like aren't going to fit into that category.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote