View Single Post
Old 2010-12-02, 13:04   Link #19300
musouka

Beatrice and Jessica aren't really anything alike, not even personality-wise. Jessica is ordinary, while Beato is extraordinary. Beato's tricks have bite to them, whereas Jessica doesn't seem to be capable of that level of subterfuge.

Reading the patch has made me remember how much I loved Yasu in my initial playthrough. She has so much spark and personality, in addition to being utterly charming with her mannerisms and way of looking at the world. It's no wonder that Maria was so entranced by her version of "magic". Here we have an unhappy little girl who, in order to achieve happiness in the best way she knows how, actually anthropomorphizes her struggles and befriends them in the form of Gaap.

I also adore the prank she plays on Jessica. Jessica is right in that the amount of time and effort put into that trick is scarier than any prank itself, and it speaks of a profound inner darkness to Yasu--it's easy to believe this girl would conceive of elaborate fake murders and keep the party going even after people started getting scared--but I couldn't help but be sort of happy at the same time. It really shows the lengths she would go to for someone she considers a friend, and her creativity in pulling it off.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote