View Single Post
Old 2011-02-13, 23:45   Link #1704
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I decided to put this in Japanese Culture because its an example of Japanese cultural difficulties with mental health and coping with it. The non-confrontational personal behavior is an obstacle to intervention and the healthcare system (as a result) doesn't "prevent" well. In psyche terms... his threat is sometimes thought of as a "cry for help" ... unfortunately (as in the US) he's going to be treated in the criminal system.

I'm impressed the police actually pro-actively responded to this.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0110213a1.html
I suppose that website is 2channel?

Before the Akiba slashings, the police wouldn't give a shit. And now, they have gone completely nuts over these kind of issues. Seriously speaking, they need to do something to that "bullshitto" culture and give their kids a break. And also, work at the psychological dept of their healthcare sector while they are at it (Immediately diagnose a kid with GID because he dresses the opposite way? Why not try counselling first?).

Besides....

Japan economy shrinks in Oct-Dec quarter

Quote:
TOKYO (MarketWatch) — The Japanese economy contracted in the latest quarter as exports and domestic demand slumped, government data showed Monday, and data for 2010 officially showed China’s economy has surpassed that of its Asian neighbor.

As expected, the yearly data showed that Japan has fallen in ranking to become the third-largest national economy in the world, ceding its No. 2 position to China, with the U.S. still in the lead. China’s economy had already surpassed Japan’s on a quarterly basis.

Japan’s nominal gross domestic product for 2010 was 479.223 trillion yen ($5.474 trillion), below the $5.879 trillion that China reported last month. But Japan’s real GDP expanded 3.9% for the year, despite the fourth-quarter contraction.

Japan’s GDP fell 1.1% in October-December on an annualized basis, the Cabinet Office reported, beating forecasts but also marking the first economic contraction since July-September 2009, when the economy shrank by 1.2%.

It was a sharp turnaround from the previous quarter’s revised 3.3% growth.

GDP was expected to fall by 2.4% for the quarter, according to a Dow Jones Newswires survey of economists, and was tipped to drop 2.0% by separate surveys from Bloomberg News and FactSet, and 2.1% according to a Reuters survey.

Compared to the previous quarter, GDP contracted 0.3%, after growing 0.8% in the June-September quarter from the three months before that.

Private consumption, which accounts for about 60% of economic activity, decreased 0.7%. Government incentives to help consumers purchase ecologically friendly, lower-emission vehicles expired in September.

External demand shaved 0.1 percentage point from GDP as exports fell 0.7% from the previous quarter.

Economics Minister Kaoru Yosano told reports that some weakness remains, but Japan’s economy is expected to pick up from its lull.

“Risks from overseas economies and currency moves need to be closely watched,” Yosano told a news conference, according to Reuters.

Capital expenditures were up 0.9% in the latest quarter, the fifth consecutive quarterly rise but slowing from the previous quarter’s 1.5% increase.
Given how WSJ writes, I wonder if the capital expenditure includes anime figurines. Being plastic and almost resistant to degradation, I would say that they make good fixed assets...not!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote