floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
"Believe it!"
"I don't believe it!"
"Believe it!"
"I don't believe it!"
"Believe it!"
"Okay, I believe it. Allow me to retcon the deaths of everyone in the village making this arc entirely pointless."
Yeah...Shonen 101...

BUT, there is a big BUT (no pun intended ), that conversation did have a pillar in which Kishi pretty much based the "conversion".... it was so simple as Pain remember his naive solution to Jiraiya's problem.

So, at least me, i'm ok how Kishi ties that loose end:
-There is Jiraiya's prophecy about travel and write a book (the tool who made possible Pain's Epiphany).

And that was a fact since the very moment we meet Jiraiya, he was a writter and he was a wanderer. It was a solid plot. It wasn't the best plot for a character in the history of the manga, but it was solid, more solid than any plot in Bleach.

Don't forget that this is a "shounen for kids". It doesn't mean to be a train wreck like Bleach, but in Naruto's case, i think that is not that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I think the problem with comic relief in Naruto is the simple fact that series has become serious and melodramtic; Comic relief moments just seem jarring at this point.
Nah, i think that a lot of readers just grew up and ask something that Naruto will never be, because he is still a teenager. So, in some point we thought that naruto should be more serious and bad ass, when Kishi is tired of showing us that Naruto is still a knucklehead who is (slowly) losing his naivity. Such as understand that he didn't understand Sasuke at VotE, because he learned that when Jiraiya died.

A comic relief as the joke about armadillo's penis now seems weird, but if you read naruto's first chapter, you can read several of this kind of jokes, but... we were younger and we must face that we changed what we like a what not.

Kishi must deals with a 10 year old manga and certain target... but he is not as good at that as Oda.
Kubo on the other hand, had a serious trouble with bleach.

Last edited by Fran~; 2010-10-17 at 09:54.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote