View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 16:43   Link #32
4sostrander
The Demon of the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
I can relate to what you're saying about being emotionally connected to the anime. I think many of us on this forum can relate to that; we become interested, connected, and sometimes live vicariously through these characters. That's totally natural and it's a good catharsis for you to release all that emotion through tears or by talking about it. Personally, I don't cry, but I do feel sadness when an anime I really liked has ended. However, as time goes on and I think about those anime, I smile and it makes me feel happy to have experienced something so great. Also, I know I can go back and watch that anime whenever I want and relive some of those emotions.
Wow, you really got it. That's pretty much exactly what I mean. Living vicariously through the characters and becoming emotionally attached to them. Thanks.

Sadly, I've still felt pretty empty after finishing ToraDora! I can't help it, it was a great anime, and I just love it so much. The last time the ending of an anime bothered me anywhere near this much was with Suzumiya Haruhi, although this is, by far, worse than that. I really don't know how to deal with it. I'm watching Clannad, and it's not really helping me much, haha, as you can imagine. Also, I've gotten Kanon and Air and Welcome to the N.H.K. and I have a feeling that I'm going to get super depressed. I want some more animes that are like Clannad and ToraDora! though. Is there anything that has those great heartwarming moments that make you want to cry? I'm not one for tragedy, but if you guys have some sweet romantic tragedies as well, I'll take them. I just really want to watch some of these sweet (as in heartwarming) animes. I only hope that it will help my depression, even though I know that it really won't. Oh, well!

Oh, my. It's turned into a request thread :O