View Single Post
Old 2009-07-19, 18:47   Link #421
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet View Post
Just finished reading Umineko episode 2 as well as episode 2 tea party and ???

and I have the following observations:

1. Have anyone else noticed that in the tips Kumazawa is not described as furniture created by Kinzo as Shannon, Kanon and Genji are...... I think there might be some significance to this

2. I really hope that the explanation is not allucinations.... that would suck, I think the magic scenes are just Beato showing Batler how she would have done it with magic, much like she did in the tea party of epi one

3. Beatrice said Battler was incompetent in red which leads me believe that Kyrie. who seems to be a superior detective than Battler, surviving the first twilight is essential for defeating Beatrice, I think Bernkastel would eventually cause this to happen in order to make the game more even.

4. Can anyone explain if the portrait of Jessica-Beatrice, the beatrice with school girl jacket that looks similar to Jessica clothes is real.. I´m really confused about this 2 portraits.

5. Am I the only one who finds some religious subtext to Umineko

6. Am I the only one bothered that Battler does not even once think about Ange during Episode 1 and 2...... any normal person would have been thinking aobut how difficult it would be to tell her her parents are dead or at least how his life is screwed becuase he would have now to be parent to her.....
1) I didn't notice but I guess there's some sense in it. Kumasawa never referred at herself as furniture. Shannon and Kanon are fukuin servants, and in that respect they were brought up by Kinzo himself. There must be probably a code of conduct and rules (to the limit of brainwashing) that make them think they are furniture, and that must have been done in accordance to Kinzo's orders. Genji's past is unlcear, but it appears he served Kinzo since a long time, unlike Kumasawa whose family is in niijima.

2) We don't have a clue, but most people believe that the in the end Battler was able to see magic only because he was drunk.

3) Who knows... anyway being incompetent is not a permanent status. Battler was certainly incompetent when Beatrice said that, but he can improve.

4) Again there's no fact here, but most people believe the portrait doesn't "really" changes.

5) I think there's only the usual thing you see in many anime, just a few references here and there.

6) Not only him. Pretty much everyone acts as if Ange doesn't exist. There are only two mentions of her from the people who go to Rokkenjima. One is from Eva on the airport scene, the other one is from Kyrie and Rosa while they drink tea in the afternoon of October4.
There are some odd quotes that are pretty disturbing imho. In one of them Jessica says that "the cousins are finally all gathered together", and in another one everyone agrees that this is the most funny family meeting in six years because Battler is there. I.E. Battler -> Ange.