Thread: Licensed Noir
View Single Post
Old 2004-10-12, 11:34   Link #94
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Hello... Did I wake up anyone? I hope this thread isn't dead
Noir happens to be my number 1 anime and I didn't even had the chance to post in this thread yet I know, shameless...
I got to see noir relatively late considering the year it was emited, anyway I watched the fansubs, I bought the Region 1 dvds, which don't normally run on a european dvd player by the way and I'm planning on buying the european region 2 dvd release, which will include portuguese subtitles and a french dub (I just have to hear that ) That's just how much of a fan I am
Back on the subject, not a complex analysis or interpretation, just a simple question that I think no one mentioned before: does watching noir for the first time gave you any kind of happy felling at any point on the series? before the end of course... I noticed there are almost no humor on it, except for some sarcastic remarks from Mireille , of course this isn't a comedy and it's definetly not supposed to be funny but it gets so heavy at times cuz it rarely portraits positive emotions... But that's a good thing in my opinion cuz it makes us realise those few good thinks that happen in the show once in a while and it makes us value them much more then we would normally would on other circunstances. Things like that kitten, Prince Myskin, on episode 6. When it pops its head out of the paper bag and goes "meow" I just thought: this is the cuttest thing I've ever seen, it just warmed my heart
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote