View Single Post
Old 2011-10-01, 23:44   Link #2024
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Thanks for the analysis wavehawk-sama So sniping can destroy her shields?
- Yes and No. The main advantage in sniping is that you'll be able to gain a head start and advantage in terms of shooting. If the first hit doesn't penetrate, you'd better make sure your second shot does. Otherwise, you need to relocate before the enemy can get a fix on your position and hit back.

Ideally it'll be from an ambush position, because only a complete idiot would try to snipe someone who knows exactly where their position is.

*coughcough*Cecillia*coughcough*

Quote:
How strong do you think the shell has to be to pierce through and do you think it can be done with conventional weaponry?
- I think it can be done using conventional weaponry, but I'd need to know exactly how powerful her shields are to figure out just how much of a shell is needed, the size and safe distance. Since it's an IS, anything short of an actual explosive shell is pointless. That and the smallest 'sniping' round I know of (existing in real life) would be a 25mm sniping round:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_XM109

Bear in mind, that's the SMALLEST I would recommend. knowing the shielsds in IS, it'll most likely be bigger.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote