View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 08:15   Link #1154
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
This isn't 100% from Chuuniybou, but since it focuses on the series, I felt it best fit here. Nojitetsu-san posted an interesting look at how magazine illustrations are made based upon this month's magazines' Chuunibyou illustrations. I felt it needed to be translated to share the information internationally.

Quote:
Today the second episode was broadcast! I hope you enjoy the sister battle scene that got great receptions at the pre-airing screenings! This is Nojitetsu, the publicity person who wonders if there's a lot of people surprised at the eyepatches.

We have newly drawn illustrations in today's editions of Newtype, Animage, Animedia, and Anime The Television! (There's also an article and photo section of the main four female seiyuu in Seiyuu Grand Prix!)

This is what's in each magazine:
Newtype - Production materials for Rikka, Shina, Kumin, and Deko
Animage - A movie style poster feating everyone doing a chuuni pose (Rikka, Shinka, Kumin, Deko, Yuuta)
Animedia - Deko untying Rikka, who was fastened in bandages, while Shinka looks on
Anime The Television - Yuuta holding a lemon. Rikka holding an umbrella. Shinka looks on at both

So for today's post, I'll tell everyone a simple explanation of how these newly drawn Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! illustrations became published in the magazines.

1. The editors in the anime magazines send a request for an illustration! At this time, the details and delivery date are told. (example: Please give us the main four girls closely together in swimsuits.)

2. The person in charge of publicity sends an order to Kyoto Animation! Here, the original author and committee members review the contents of the order.

3. Kyoto Animation sends a rough sketch of the illustration to the editor. They will then look over and make alterations to the facial expressions, posing, and even skirt positioning before sending it back to Kyoto Animation.

4. Kyoto Animation receives this data and sends the finished product to the editor.

This is incredibly simplified, but the process itself takes about a month to complete. So for today (2012/10/10)'s magazines, they should receive the illustration by no later than the last third of September. We get an order around the final third of August.
It's very quick for us to get a request prior to the show going on the air. We're very thankful when we get one. Everyone, please check out the newly drawn illustrations that detail the story bit-by-bit.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote