View Single Post
Old 2010-03-14, 04:39   Link #27
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I'm pretty nasty when it comes to rockets and leading, I usually play with rpg7 or M2 since they are faster and heat seeking isn't all that important to me since my aim is good, I also use double rockets as I have only maxed out sniper and vehicles but I will be getting explosive expert when I unlock it, for the most part it's just frustrating that flank shots don't do much more damage,
Flank shots do 100% more damage, I'd hardly call double damage "not much more damage" myself. It sounds like what you want is to be able to one hit kill a tank, which is absurd and would make vehicles complete death traps. Vehicles are a big part of BF and have always been powerful, they're not supposed to be fair to guys on foot and easily beaten by one guy with a rocket launcher.

Actually IMO the vehicles have been made a bit too weak in an effort to try and appeal to the run and gun CoD or Halo crowd. They've been nerfed quite a bit compared to BF2 as there weapons are weaker (a tank shell anywhere near you in BF2 was instant death), they've lost some weapons (co-ax MG and AT missile were built in), they have less health (three hits to the side put them critical, but a quick rep could save them), and they no longer get a repair aura when manned by an engineer.

I personally would favor stronger vehicles to actually force a bit more team work in dealing with them.

Quote:
and generally people in tanks are too confident they just sit there trying to gun you but for the most part i'm never afraid of tanks as long as i'm recon or engineer due to the explosive power.
This is true, tanks in BF2 were as noted a bit stronger and could get away with such bum rushing more. In BC2 they're better used as fire support as at long range they're much harder to deal with. I can easily rack up thousands of points just hanging back and bombing points to clear them out for capture.

Quote:
It's sad that medic and assualt litteraly have no way to deal with vehicles which atleast for assualt takes away from the classes mystique.
BF is a team game they have no way to deal with vehicles to penalize teams that just try to whore medics and assaults for maximum infantry firepower. Assault also can get a way to kill vehicles if he takes an all class weapon in which case he gains C4 in exchange for his noob tube. With the G3 this is a viable tactic given that weapons power and accuracy. (When I want C4 now I tend to do just that instead of going Recon as the ammo crate gives me a nice team support option since WAY to few guys will toss ammo). The medic is indeed shit out of luck, but given how powerful a force multiplier the medic already is giving him someway to kill vehicles would just make it so no one played anything else.

If your team is getting owned by tanks because it's full of assaults and medics then your team is morons. It just happened to my a few games ago actually as I was the only guy trying to do anything about a well coordinated squad that was using the Bardley on White Pass to pwn everything. I finally managed to C4 them (killing the entire squad for a 380 point triple kill), but it was too late and it cost us the game. I didn't whine about OP vehicles though it was clearly my stupid teams fault for refusing to switch classes away from Medic or Assault to deal with the tank. Even the guy in the tank said "man I should have died so many times."

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote