View Single Post
Old 2011-03-11, 00:49   Link #261
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Homura is tech the official main heroine of this series now isn't she?

Also to fix everything Madoka need only make one wish:

"I Wish QB had never existed"

Thus solving everything with a self destructing paradox.
I'm 99.99% certain QB does not need to grant a wish if he doesn't want to. I'd say 100%, but if there's anything I've learned in life, it's never underestimate how a seemingly great anime plot can be made completely pointless by one logicfail on the director/scriptwriter's part.

Of course, there's the very likely possibility that QB isn't actually performing the wish, but the girls themselves are. In which case, it's really just a question of how does Madoka manage to harness her power herself? This would completely eliminate the need for QB to be retarded and grant a wish that would seal his doom: by removing him from the equation completely. Which doesn't really negate what I said in my first paragraph. He's not going to grant that wish. For that wish to occur, Madoka would have to grant it herself.

Still, I hate every theory that has Madoka becoming a magical girl, either on her own or through QB, because the means doesn't fix the underlying problem. The inevitable slide to witchhood. And no, her suiciding to prevent turning herself into a witch after she becomes a magical girl makes no sense of closure either, since the whole point of this ordeal that Homura has gone through is to prevent Madoka's death. Whether it's as a witch, or not as a witch.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote