View Single Post
Old 2011-10-24, 01:52   Link #162
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I stopped taking this seriously right there.

In any case, you're free to dislike Fate/Zero, but it's adapting the story pretty damn well I'd have to say. Maybe you just prefer reading over watching things?
???

Have you even watched the most recent episodes of C3? It's fights are really well done. The post I quoted implied that there wasn't a fight sequence comparable to the one in fate in terms of "detail" that I took to mean visual detail (animation, motion, camera angles, lighting and the like - and quite honestly, the statement implies visual detail) and I refuted it with whatever most recent fight I had seen that was good that came off the top of my head. The specific show had nothing to do with it. His statement was that he had never seen anything as good, I told him he could start with another anime airing this season that I find has just as good, if not better, fights. He could start with KnK for all I care. Whether or not he would find them good wouldn't matter either. It was just a there exists something statement to suggest that his there exists none statement could easily be rectified if he tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm starting to wonder what are your "expectations".
I can understand how this episode can feel "slow" due to the fact we only get to where Rider shows up in the party, and few far away stills.
But with all due respect, comparing with C3 is really something out of the blue. For one, the battles are completely different: C3 was focused on the very raw and savage portion of a certain character, whereas in Zero, both Lancer and Saber are shown as proud warriors.
Not only it was a battle settled by tactics, trying to figuring out the enemy's move/range of ability, but it was something else than a mere battle: a -duel-. Frankly speaking, you wouldn't expect a frenzy battle with these two fellows complementing each other as if they wanted each other's photograph.

Therefore, expecting a brawling battle, at this stage, with these 2 servants is really not appropriate. Also, C3, while being consistent, use a lot of tricks to make the animation "fast paced", whereas Zero's battle was way more focused on the details (environmental damage, sparks, impacts, manoeuvres)... not really the same as rashly swinging a Waas as if it was a golf club.

C3 scene wasn't bad at all, but mentioning it as a better melee combat than this one is difficult to comprehend, especially it was the thorough exposition of Lancer and Saber approach.
The first part of my post there is not at all connected to the second part. The comment about C3 wasn't a comparison between two shows but just the visual detail of the fights. C3's fights are awesome to look at just as much as this fight between Lancer and Saber was all I meant to say. It could have been the fight between Saya and Tadayoshi or any other well done fight. As for my expectations, the fight between Saber and Lancer wasn't bad at all but I did expect better angles, crispier movement and such. It's not the graphics portion of the anime that I have major qualms about. It's the omission of small details in the story that makes the characters lose their appeal. I have already mentioned how much I despised the omission of interaction between Kiritsugu and Irisviel. The others have suffered too, but not as jarringly much. I only hope that particular interaction between Oops, almost blabbered onto a spoiler get cut.

I think I do apparently like reading stuff more than watching - especially if the detail is the charm to them. And well, seems I also had impossible-to-fulfill expectations. I don't dislike the show (except at that moment when I was just done watching episode 3 - I was almost crying >_>) by any means either. And I am probably as excited for next episode as anyone, if not more too.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote