Thread: Licensed Log Horizon (novel)
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-26, 13:57   Link #1921
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naole View Post
I get that heals are difficult, but I'm not talking about Akatsuki wearing heals (although she did wear them to practice her dancing at the Palace of Eternal Ice); I'm talking about her adjusting her height by 2-3 cm a month. Medical journals a full of scientific research of motor skills effects of growth spurts on teens. And it's not that hard to deal with the incremental increase in the size of limbs.
As Keroko said, that's nigh impossible due to the rarity of the potions. Even Roderick's potions only allow for the change of gender and basic appearances (which is left ambiguous, so we don't know what "basic" is), and they're pretty costly too.

Also, I'm not sure where you're trying to go with citing teens and growth spurts.

Quote:
Also Minori definitely has romantic love for Shiroe (which is wrong on so many levels! so.. so wrong)
Cultural thing. It's not taboo over in Japan.

Quote:
I keep hearing that The Fourland Dukedom is overrun by Monsters; does that mean it's the one without a player City? Does it have a Cathedral though?

in the kanami side-story there's the possibility of a large scale combat event in a town with a Shrine/temple or something like that

If they turn of the Barrier in Akiba doesn't that mean it could be overrun by monsters too?
I believe that it doesn't have a Player city -- Eastal has two player cities (Shibuya and Akiba), so that means one of the Five Territories lacks a Player city. Also, there might not be a Cathedral, but there's probably a Shrine in the area. (Shrines are also respawn points.)

Turning off the barrier simply means that they have to have a defense system up now. A relatively small group of Adventurers could defend a Lander town on their own. Having over 15,000 Adventurers in a city should be more than enough for a defense, not to mention that most of the monsters in the immediate area are probably under level 40, from what we've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Player: takes dump
Planet monster spawn underneath Player
Planet monster attacks.
>Planet

Holy moly, that monster must be huge.