View Single Post
Old 2004-01-13, 23:17   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
they should show the UC first
most people in NA are like contaminated by wing..........

I think so too.......
when speaking about story, Z definitely is better
but I guess it's kind of hard to make people to watch Z, which is anime from 19 yrs ago......

this is what I think is going to happen...................."Oh, the drawing of Z sucks, Wing is better *TV off*"
I don't think Zeta is that bad compared to First Gundam in terms of animation... In fact I think it's good actually, compared to, say, fan favorites like Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya which were made only a tiny bit after Zeta and ZZ... But I think Tomino's directing/writing style might not go well with modern western audiences though (which has been shown with the lack of interest especially in the fansubbing community in his latest works like Turn A Gundam and Overman King Gainer).

But yeah, like I said in the other thread a while ago, if people see Gundam Seed on TV, and then they watch Zeta a few hours later, it's pretty obvious what they are going to stick with, just by watch the animation alone. Which is why I think the AU/UC alterations is bad for Bandai's profits. If they had stuck with UC, show the shows in the correct order and then finish it before starting AU it would have been much better off (and Tomino wouldn't be as pissed at Bandai Entertainment either )