View Single Post
Old 2004-07-08, 15:54   Link #25
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
Infinite Ryvius - think Lord of the Flies in space!!!
O.o

That would suck. BIG TIME.

No offense or anything, but I hate Lord of the Flies. Granted the movie makes the book look like a great piece of literature and an entertaining romp, because the movie is so bad, but I still don't like the book.

...As for things I do like, I like Airmaster. The fight scenes are about my personal favorite of what I've seen in anime, the characters are likeable (though stupid) and there's a fair bit of comedy (which wouldn't happen if the characters weren't so stupid). Granted, it's not perfect (sometimes they delay the fights a bit much and it's more a series of miniplots than one continuous one) but it's still extremely entertaining. I recommend this one as much as I can.

Also, there's Rurouni Kenshin. It's very silly and likeable (TV series only here, don't like the OVAs and haven't seen the movie) but afterawhile I do get tired of the fighting, as it starts to remind me more and more of DBZ (which I don't like). I haven't seen past the Kyoto arc.

I second the Cowboy Bebop recommendation, it's one of my favorite animes and has about my second favorite fight scenes. And you can't forget the space dogfights.

I actually haven't seen Naruto, just read the manga in Shonen Jump every month, but I like it.

That's just the few animes I like that are more similar to Naruto than most stuff I watch (which is more "cute" and less action).