View Single Post
Old 2010-07-13, 16:19   Link #13776
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
A valid point. One question: How then was Battler supposed to demonstrate that he understood what Beatrice wanted? With Erika as his opponent, he had to know that she was not sincere about the collective storytelling exercise. In a sense, that's exactly what "Beatrice is my only opponent" means, even if Battler didn't fully understand why. How, then, could he demonstrate his understanding when working with someone who had no intention of behaving herself?
Battler was careful to restrict her role more heavily than in EP5, where Lambda let Bern have relatively free reign. He was, basically, trying to make her into the sort of editor that can't actually make revisions, only suggest them.

When he was convinced of Erika's goodwill in regards to writing the story together, he metaphorically put a pen in her hand, and allowed he access to a couple of select pages to revise a few scenes to her liking. Much like Beato did in regards to giving him the blue.

But instead of making a better mystery, Erika used that to make a plot hole that made the rest of his story collapse in on itself. It ultimately had to be abandoned.

Well, all of this is entirely theoretical. To a point where I'm sort of uncomfortable with it. But that's a potential answer to your question.

(The real problem is that Battler had to "win" in order to prove he understood Beato's game. But I don't think Beato wanted a "fantasy" story, which is what we ended up with.)
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote