View Single Post
Old 2011-06-23, 23:43   Link #990
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Oh this series.

Really, there was some interesting concepts in this show. I liked the ideas at play about putting the present or the future first, or how we strike a balance between the two. I liked the idea of exploring some economic ideas, especially the very concept of money and how what gives it value is trust. What happens when the trust breaks down? Where does the faith come form?

Still, great concepts are indeed hurt by terrible execution. Ignoring the standard budgetary issues with animation and art quality, the biggest issue with this show is definitely the pacing. A bullet train it may be, you should still be able to understand the general story as you're going along, but it couldn't even do that. In the end, it seems it had a magnificent train wreck. Not only did I not understand a single thing that was happening in the last episode, but I didn't even get a general message form the show. Seriously, what the fuck just happened?

This isn't the good type of wtf just happened like in NGE either. This is, "I can't understand a single fucking thing these characters are talking about or doing."

The character development was rather poor for our main character. It's quite sad that Mikuni made a little more sense that he did. The assets seemed like rather pointless characters. The romance between Maysu and Kinnamaoru was just nonsense.

Really. This anime desperately needed both more episodes, a way bigger budget. Also please fire the editor of this anime from the anime industry. Holy crap.

I was entertained to the end at least, so overall 6/10 for the anime, 4/10 for the last episode.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote