Old 2008-02-22, 22:12   Link #726
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
Tieria did in so many words.
Can you write out his quote?

Quote:
Some of the members may be squeamish about some of the consenquences of their actions, but overall no one seems concerned if even individual missions are right or wrong, nevermind their overall "mission".
The crew of Ptolemaios is so convinced of the righteousness of their cause that the consequences of their actions barely merit any examination. This only makes sense since the only people who would join an organization like Celestial Being are likely to be fanatics to begin with.

Quote:
They may sometimes have the high ground de facto, but it's supposed to be clear that they're not interested in PR or being "the good guys".
These are two slightly different things. While the Ptolemaios crew isn't too concerned about public relations aside for how it impacts Veda's overall plan (whatever that may be), this doesn't preclude them from thinking of themselves as the "good guys".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk
I figure its because there hasnt been any case where nuclear weapons were even necessary to be used. The only operation I could think of that might have merited nukes was the big one seen in ep 15 but even then, the goal was to overwhelm and capture the gundams not destroy them, with the lack of precision targeting due to GN particle interference pinpoint tactical nuclear strikes wouldnt really be possible or wise if there goal is simply to contain and capture.
I'm referring more to how any talk of weapons controls or demilitarization automatically have to refer to nuclear weapons, and how nuclear power is just about the first thing that comes to mind whenever anything that touches on Peak Oil scenarios is brought up. Whether nuclear weapons are used or not is of less relevance on this particular point.