View Single Post
Old 2010-01-17, 00:52   Link #25
Dark Paladin X

Now first of all, I am highly disappointed with Bandai Entertainment's inability to get Hayate the Combat Butler dubbed. I felt that Bandai let me down. In fact, I ended up losing all hopes with Bandai and don't want them to license To Aru Majutsu no Index. Apparently, this is mainly because the Hayate manga has been out in the United States for a while and there should be a large fanbase by now. There is now virtually little to no chance of seeing a North American Hayate the Combat Butler dub and now stuck with the Southeast Asian dub (although I would need to go to Singapore to see it, so I'm kinda stuck with the sub, but I don't mind).

If Bandai gets around and dub this anime (which is the only way they can regain my faith with this company), here are a few suggestions I would give to them:

1) Try to listen to your fans when it comes to selecting voice actors: Maybe do a poll to see who should voice who and keep the word with the fans. Select the top three choices, manly because if the top first choice isn't available due to legal reasons, then you can narrow down to the other two.

2) If you can't get it dub, give it to another licensor: Probably the best option is to give up the license to another licensor if they can't break even on getting Hayate the Combat Butler dubbed. The companies I would consider would either be Disney, Viz Media, or Funimation. Funimation did had a poll and they did include the second season of the series as one of the options. If Funimation picks the second season up, I think Bandai should give up the license of the first season to Funimation just to fit the consistency. However, I would expect voice actors from Texas if Funimation license the second season of Hayate the Combat Butler. If Disney or Viz Media, I'll expect voice acting from California.

Now, I'm gong to be typecasting here, but personally, I think Yuri Lowenthal should voice Hayate Ayasaki due to Yuri's voice acting in "kid hero" roles (Hayate, at best, can be described as a kid hero). In addition, I would like to see Tara Strong voice Nagi Sanzenin, mainly because I can feel the "tsundere" in Strong's voice acting. If she isn't available, then maybe Tabitha St. Germain or Cristina Valenzuela may be the other options for Nagi. Now of course, not everyone is going to agree with me with the options. In fact, someone actually suggested having Laura Bailey to voice Hayate instead in the toonzone forums (and can't see the full reasoning of why). Hopefully, MrTerrorist and hinakatbklyn would agree with my ideas.