View Single Post
Old 2011-08-08, 00:48   Link #50
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It is quite amazing that every episode Okada personally handled have been the bes tones of the series pretty much.
Wouldn't put her completely blameless though, since the series composer at least does the outlines for every episode.

-----------------------------------

As for the general discussion of episode 19, this was rather infuriating. Once again, every male character in this episode has been portrayed as some kind of idiot, loser, retard etc. Here's some of top of my head:

1. The class president and all the male classmates going gaga for Yuina and Minko in regards to the idea of the "Princess cafe" and even giving them honorifics.

2. The homeroom teacher in the corner drooling and taking a nap, not giving a damn about what's happening (I actually thought this was funny however).

3. Tooru being tsundere about whether or not he's going to the culture festival

4. Ren being over-exaggeratedly startled when Nako mentioned something his eyebrow

5. Jiromaru and his usual silly ero-novel antics

6. Kou in a crossdressing maid-outfit in Ohana's dream (WTF is with this one seriously?)

7. The ""No boys allowed! No peeking either!" "But why? I wanna see! This makes us wanna peek even more" notice (*SIGH* /massive facepalm)

The comedy in this episode was just stupid, exaggerated and of typical anime-fashion used in pretty much 90% of other slice of anime out there. The only male character that I see that actually isn't kinda pathetic is Beanman. It's not a cool story bro.

And the drama with the omlet rice girl. Really? I like drama and all, but the premise for this was rather ridiculous. QQing about not being able to make an omlet rice for a boy you like. Grow some balls (or breasts in your case).

Also, anyone noticing Ohana become more ditzy and airheaded in these last few eps? I'm noticing less and less bulldozer style Ohana which I loved from the first cour of the series. Argh... things are getting worse and worse.

Luckily, at the very least Minko is starting to become a much more likable character these days. Heck, I would say Minko > Ohana these last few eps.