View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 12:27   Link #415
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Irori shared a volume with the introduction of Alice-sans-disguise.

Unless she begins living with Raishin she will never get much of a spotlight - which, as much as I love her character (read some of my old posts in thread), is fine by me: because her every appearance is full of epicness. I think she acts as the Yamato Nadeshiko of the series to contrast with the other female characters.

Its a problem with the series: you get a new girl ever other volume who gets sidelined eventually.

//

Vol 10 seem to head towards a darker path. The intro reminds us that Raishin is still a member of the Japanese army. Raishin does not seem to care much about worldly politics and the will of the Japanese army may tear a giant gap between Raishin and his friends (esp when a lot of them have allegiance to England).

As a main character Raishin has very little character development. Beside trying to be the hero who saves his friends, he rarely expresses his view on events around him or object to anything.

In a setting where various factions are struggling for world domination, such simple ideals such as "trying to protect my friends" is not enough. End of the day Raishin is merely just another pawn on the board.

This is why I like Alice: she is the genius that can keep an eye on Raishin with that matter.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote