View Single Post
Old 2008-03-14, 15:20   Link #5
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92
Six measures? That's... really short.
I doubt there are (m)any nice songs of that length.
Well, it turns out any music is alright with my instructor which is nice to hear. Asked her about the music selection today. All I need to do is know how to play the song I choose and present it to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92
In my opinion, Natsukage is a great choice; it may be a bit harder, but probably not out of your reach, even if you haven't been playing long. If you play the main part of it, it will be a bit of a challenge for you, and you'll probably be pretty pleased with yourself when you get it.
Yeah, I was considering "Natsukage" actually, but I need to sight read better. I've only recently tried to play the notes on the sheet while looking at my fingers playing the corresponding notes.

By the way, does anyone have any suggestions how I can improve sight reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori
I totally have no idea about anything piano-related, but try Higurashi no Naku Koro ni's "you". That one seems pretty easy. Though you'd have to turn the flute part into piano too. (Again, I know nothing about piano, so please don't bite me if it's actually hard or doesn't fit the criteria. ;_; )
Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll look into it although it'll be awhile since I haven't kept up with Higurashi in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare
Hm, what type of beginner are you? I mean, what are some pieces you can play, etc...
I've basically been playing songs from the book. I was going to hold off playing anything I truly wanted to do until after I completed the class, but since the instructor is letting us choose pieces we want to do, I've decided to start early.

Some songs I've played from the book, or up to, are "The Can-Can", "Joy To The World", "Blow The Man Down" and "Why Am I Blue?"

And thanks for the suggestion on "Yoru no Uta." I've been meaning to find that song.

As for some other songs I've considered are

Romeo X Juliet - Kimi no iru Sekai
Chrono Cross - Another Arni Village
Full Moon Wo Sagashite - Eternal Snow ~ Piano Swing Instrumental

Still wondering which 3 I'll do exactly. I might even record my final exam for fun if I can
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote