View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 16:14   Link #9
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
Yeah, I was considering "Natsukage" actually, but I need to sight read better. I've only recently tried to play the notes on the sheet while looking at my fingers playing the corresponding notes.
Well, it should be like that at a beginner's level. When I started moving into classical pieces from the beginners' books (it was pretty early, since my parents had taught me classical piano [through observation, not reading notes] before I began lessons), I had to look at the music then the piano to play the notes, and would always have to do it one hand at a time, then eventually playing them together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
By the way, does anyone have any suggestions how I can improve sight reading?
All I can say here is practice. I was quite dreadful at sight-reading until a couple years after beginning piano, and it's mostly getting used to where the keys are, hand position, and just knowing how to play that helps you play the notes, while learning to read notes more quickly, memorising where notes fall without having to see the piano as a reference, etc. that makes you play it more smoothly.
My advice is to just give it time, and every now and then, pick up a random sheet of music and try playing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
If you want I could possibly post my transposed of Hoshizora no Waltz, since everyone loves it for some reason.
Is it a easier transcription?
Most (read: Josh Agarrado's) sheets have some awkward left hand movement covering three octaves or so.
Of course, everyone has to play Hoshizora no Waltz, though, so you should add some part of it into your medley.

EDIT: JA just added a TV Size sheet for True Tears' Reflectia. It sounds quite nice, and it shouldn't be too difficult if you just take the main section. It may be a bit fast for you, but it's a lot easier than it sounds.

Oh, and I'll second Hoshizora and Dear You.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-03-16 at 16:30.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote