View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 02:46   Link #18
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
One piece I've memorized and ended up deciding to do is Byousoku 5 Centimeter - End Theme instead of Omoide wa Tooku no Hibi because the transcribes available (well, what I could find) didn't sound quite like it.

Anyone have any other suggestions besides
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - You
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - Hoshizora no Waltz

Maybe my mid-term, but I want to challenge myself a little like KholdStare's version of Hoshizora no Waltz (thanks for the sheets again if you're reading this) yet a sound, melody and vibe similar to You (and thanks to you Asamidori for the advice). I have an indescribable feeling every time I'm listening to You which overwhelms me yet I feel so calm and tranquil. It's a weird feeling and I want to play another song like it as a follow up, lol. Perhaps I'm looking for a song similar to how You plays? I don't know at the moment. Any suggestions?
Ah, I agree, but I haven't found anything similar to the feeling I get from You (thank you Asamidori. ). Have you started practicing You though? If not, you should definately try it out for your piano exam thingie. I spent maybe an hour or two learning it (after Asamidori mentioned it.) because of the simple repeating left hand and general repeating melody of the right, so you shouldn't take long to learn it either.
Hoshizora no Waltz may take a bit longer, even if you're playing it in C Major, but you can probably do it if you like the challenge it brings.

hmm.. of the songs I've recently (re)/learned, I would say Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ from FFX-2's OST might be good. It was pretty much the only good sound that came out of that game, though.

This is the transcription of the 5 Centimeters eyecatch that I learned. You can get used to using your left hand more if you play it according to the sheets, but I think you can also just play several of the high left-hand notes with your right to make it easier. (playing it as written lets you do all sorts of fun stuff with your right hand, though.)
EDIT: Link doesn't work. Ehh. Click "Piano Score" at the top then "Anime" and it's the "Trailer BGM" under Byousoku 5 Centimeter.
I was also going to mention Promise from ef (though it's not one of Tenmon's better works.), but I swear it sounded a lot better as background accompaniment in the anime.

It's not from an anime, but Yiruma's River Flows in You was in a Kanon AMV.
Spoiler for Video:
It's medium difficulty at most, and not as hard as Hoshizora no Waltz.

Ah, I also recently learned Josh Agarrado's transcription of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. You can try it out if you feel confident.
And no, the left hand isn't as difficult as it looks. It's mostly the pacing and syncopation of the hands that's difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Extremely overplayed by all the pianists I know, but Final Fantasy X - To Zanarkand is one of my favorite piano pieces.
Ha!
I was able to skip over this song when a family friend got us the fat OST piano sheet book straight from Japan, but my brother was able to play it with little trouble after maybe two years of piano (because he began playing before Final Fantasy X was released), so you should be able to get it with a bit of work.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote