View Single Post
Old 2011-05-27, 21:02   Link #4078
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
"Selling well" would be an understatement for the latest set of Haruhi novels. This is far from official (those numbers will be out Wednesday) but I'm hearing some GREAT news on the status of stores in Japan with the LE set.

To begin, I've heard rumors that some stores have already sold out of the set and some are already running low. The Melonbooks in Akiba is already down to half of their original set by the end of sales on Friday and Gamers's head store has gotten rid of the double screw seen here and has had a decent chunk taken from the base as seen here.

Then we have this blog post by a bookstore. They've checked and they sold approximately over 40% of their allotted stock on the first day alone. That one store has sold over 2000 copies of everything Haruhi already (manga, novels, extras, etc). What's even better is the clientele coming in and purchasing the set. Not only do you have men and women, you have salerymen, office ladies, housewifes, high schoolers, middle schoolers and more. They didn't have a break at all during that first day. They are highly concerned that they won't be able to make it through the weekend with their stock.

Kadokawa has already told that store that it's incredibly unlikely that they'll be sending more stock of the LE. I'm incredibly eager to see what the first week sales will be.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote