Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-21, 21:34   Link #189
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaru Suzume View Post
I think it'd be best stay friends for a while (around 6 months to a year? I don't exactly know), get to know a lot about each other first, earn her trust and all that stuff... Ask again later, I say.
Hope that helps.
There is a sort of theory among males which states that once you meet a girl, you have a limited period of time before you are essentially tossed into the "friends box." In other words, once the period of time is up, the girl will only ever see you as a friend. You won't have a very good chance, if any chance at all, of ever being seen as more than that. The period of time depends on the girl and your circumstances.

There are exceptions, of course. However, I have asked a few girls (not a statistically relevant number for this to apply to most girls for certain) and they stated that it's more or less true - once they know you well enough, they make a decision in their mind and either sort you into an interest that could be elevated, or just friends.

It doesn't mean that you should give up on relationship hopes if you've known a girl for a long time. Just be aware of it.