Thread: Licensed The Breaker
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-06, 03:22   Link #122
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3i View Post
The Breaker is an ok manhwa. I hear it's storyline is similar to Veritas(another manhwa, I have yet to read it), but it's still too cliche all the same. The art looks original, which is one of the main reasons I read it. One of the most irritating parts of reading Korean to English translations is that everything gets so long. >.< For example, the Il-Wol-Shin-Dan(일월신단), Hyun-Chun-Ji-Gong(현천지공). See what I mean? xD Must be a betch for editors.
The Breaker, Veritas, and Ping all fall under what I'd consider modern adaptations of wuxia stories. I'm guessing Murium/Mulim is the Chinese equivalent of WuLing, which is pretty much the common setting for all wuxia stories. Different martial arts schools, along with coalitions, secret arts, internal ki, foot work, etc, are all pretty much the bread and butter of these stories. It's the equivalent of fireballs, enchanted swords, mana, wizards, etc for fantasy stories, or starships, laser pistols, transporters, ESP powers, hacking, etc for sci fi stories.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote