View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 16:15   Link #481
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The key point is that they're in a committed romantic relationship that, in the world of SAO, is called marriage. As was already pointed out, in this sort of death game it's a profound sign of trust (since you share all items/money/inventory, so you're trusting your partner with everything), but it is still different than real-life marriage.
As a person who just got engaged not too long ago -- and has heard all the wisecracks about marriage (and is personally against the idea of marriage, but .. well it's important to "her" ..) I'd insert my own inane comment and say:

"Marriage in SAO seems like it's an even bigger deal than it is in real life!"

In all seriousness though, I'm also in the 50 / 50 camp. The pacing of the anime feels a tad rushed with the relationship development, but admittedly the last few episodes have attempted to get the idea across that their feelings for each other have been building slowly and have sort of "come to a head" due to the recent crises .. "suspension bridge effect" anyone? I mean we all have to admit the melodrama is to be expected.. none of us thinks it'll portray a "truly" realistic version of love in an "all-ages" anime right?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote