View Single Post
Old 2006-01-11, 15:22   Link #17
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It's an 8 from me too.
But I'm being lenient since in my book it would actually score a 7.5/10, for the following reasons.

Animation 8: overall pretty good, the character design is quite appealing but not excellent. Major fall down in last episode causes 1 point loss.

Sound 8: There's a mixture in all of its factors. Bgms: some are the lamest ever seen (typical of an hentai game, tough), some others are interesting. VA: not top notch, I didn't like some dubbing, IE Sia, imho annoying, but I did like other performances such as Asa, Ama and Kaede (+ Nerine while singing). OP theme scores a lot of point, ED scores a bit less but it's still good. Overall I feel like shaking it all and give an 8.

Story 5: the toughest one to judge! Well, a major penalization is due to the first 11 episodes, ok the lightness, but they were way too light. Primula arc enhances the score, Kaede arc would do the same if it wasn't left at half way. While for Nerine they give you enough clues on her future, it's not the same for Sia, whom is left without an adress (polygamy? .. Do me the favor, authors ). Asa route is taken to an end, but it's an unsatisfying end. And by the way, why couldn't she use magic? I'm still waiting, dear my authors.. if an innovative ending would really just mean "cutting protagonist wrists" then meh .. anime world would be quite ill, to say the truth.

Characters 8: overall a nice set of enjoyable characters. You do like them at the end, so they work. With their highs and their lows, they work.

Value 7: for the wasted potential they should be strangled. But anyway, they delivered an enjoyable product, and for being an harem anime, the result wasn't totally bad. I've seen better harem than this (first being Da Capo), but overall, I guess it's ok.

Enjoyment 9: not so easy to stay tuned in the first arc, but then it gets different, and since you don't know the plot will have a lot of holes, you throuroughly enjoy it step by step. Very low rewatchability, I guess.

As a sum I get a 45. 45/6 = 7.5 --> *me lenient --> 8