View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 14:35   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Now that I've had an even closer look at the trailers that have been posted my already limited interest in this is plummeting even faster and it mostly has to do with the fact that I absolutely loathe the character designs with a surprising amount of passion. It's like no effort was put into designing the facial composition so they just went with a generic empty space moe look. What do I mean by empty space? Well look at all of that space on the characters faces where it's just pure flat flesh coloured skin and there is no effort to add any sort of ridges or details to make them distinguishable from other empty space designs. The body designs are also pretty bland, especially the one heterochromatic (this seems to be a popular fetish in Japan or something) girl with the two perfectly symmetrical spheres that seem to be protruding out of her chest. And then there's this.....

I don't know how to describe it since it's more of a personal feeling and this will probably come off as a troll to some, but this guys face positively screams annoying character to me as much as a stationary picture can and I think he's the main too which is kind of a death sentence if it turns out to be the case.

It's a shame because the setting sounds interesting but the cast design leaves so much to be desired and probably says a lot about how interesting they will be to me as well. I just cannot see any way in which this cast doesn't end up being terrible and this ends up being Sunrise's first outright bomb of a TV show for me since Gundam Seed Destiny.

Probably going to watch the first episode, but I have pretty much zero expectation and fully expect to end up dropping it after the first end credits.

edit: Inspiring even less faith is that I learned that this is to be directed by Manabu Ono who was responsible for directing the universally panned Dragonaut: The Resonance. The rest of his resume inspires little confidence as well with the likes of A-Channel, Seikon No Qwaser, Mayoi Neko Overrun etc. rounding out his prior experience.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-05-08 at 14:48.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote