Thread: Haku's Attempts
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-25, 14:59   Link #949
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I like the way you blended the colored outlines with the color in some places (the hair and the tail); Though, I also feel that another color would have worked better for the skin (not a darker color per see, just a different one).

His face looks a bit wierd without shadows too.
I originally didn't want to do colored lines at all since I think I fail at colors. I agree with the skin outline color. I got so irritated in trying to find a decent color for it; it ended being the color it is now or the color I used for the shirt. I just got lazy at the end at didn't re-color the lines of the shirt.

The face does have shadows, but I blended it in a little too much so it's really subtle now.

Quote:
I don't recommend using a big brush for anything small and/or detailed. It's just makes it harder to get the small bits right. At the same time, you could also combine a 2x brush for the smaller details and a 3x/4x brush for the bigger areas.
Yes. I know that from now on. ^^ I'm drawing on a much larger scale and reducing the size of my drawings more than half so I didn't figure that the line thickness would bug me as much as it did.

Learning from mistakes is fun~ xD