View Single Post
Old 2011-09-02, 11:26   Link #575
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Nothing bothered me about that show more than the fact that Yui gets better at guitar without even so much as a montage of her practicing that I can recall and there's certainly no implication that hard work played any part in it. I just think that's a horrible thing to teach a kid and kind of clashes fiercely with the values I'd want to teach the next generation.
Question: Do you intend to have a complete idiot for a kid? Because anyone should be able to figure out going from complete beginner to super skillful without practice is not particularly realistic (and even if they don't realize that on their own, they'll figure it out pretty damn fast should they try to follow Yui's lead).

In any case, using cartoons to teach ones kids about life probably isn't the best parenting method. Make sure they understand cartoons aren't real, then let them watch whatever cartoons shows they like as long as it's age appropriate, that's my view.

Edit: Please disregard everything I've said in this post, I was being temporarily stupid. I'd delete it, except I don't feel right erasing something I said just because it causes me to feel embarassed later.

Last edited by Goggen; 2011-09-02 at 13:40. Reason: Do I need a reason?