View Single Post
Old 2011-09-02, 12:53   Link #580
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Question: Do you intend to have a complete idiot for a kid? Because anyone should be able to figure out going from complete beginner to super skillful without practice is not particularly realistic (and even if they don't realize that on their own, they'll figure it out pretty damn fast should they try to follow Yui's lead).

In any case, using cartoons to teach ones kids about life probably isn't the best parenting method. Make sure they understand cartoons aren't real, then let them watch whatever cartoons shows they like as long as it's age appropriate, that's my view.
That's a very defensive and even vaguely hostile reply to my post. As such I think only one reply is warranted.

No I wouldn't intend to have a complete idiot for a kid. In fact the way things would be likely to turn out my kid would probably be very unlikely to even have an interest in K-On! barring it being a girl. Also who said anything about teaching my kids through cartoons. I just don't want to run the risk of their supplemental entertainment running contrary to the values I would want to instill in my kid as early in life as possible to prepare him for a world I see as becoming increasingly cynical and exploitative of children and good will in general. I'm one of those people that likes to be prepared, and that would also have to mean taking into consideration every possible influence there is out there that would try to steer my kid towards the consumer hegemony and dumb them down. If that would mean that K-On has no place in my household until a certain point than so be it.

Also please don't tell me how I should raise my future children if I have any, and that goes for anybody that is thinking of doing the same thing. It's quite obnoxious and more than a little prying. I think we're done here.